Reservoir Acquires Hit Songs by Platinum-Selling Writer-Producer Dallas Austin
NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reservoir Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: RSVR) (“Reservoir” or the “Company”), an award-winning independent music company, today announced the acquisition of hit songs by Platinum-selling songwriter and producer Dallas Austin. In recognition of his contributions to the music industry, Austin was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2019.
Austin’s catalog spans several decades and includes hit songs such as Boyz II Men’s “Motownphilly,” several hits off Madonna’s 3x-Platinum selling Bedtime Stories, Gwen Stefani’s “Cool,” P!nk’s “Just Like a Pill” and “Don’t Let Me Get Me,” Michael Jackson’s “2 Bad,” and many more. Austin also notably collaborated on five tracks off TLC’s debut album Ooooooohhh... On the TLC Tip, including singles “Ain’t 2 Proud 2 Beg” and “What About Your Friends.” He went on to contribute to two Hot 100 #1’s for the group, writing and producing 1994’s Platinum-selling “Creep,” and co-writing and producing 1999’s “Unpretty.”
"Dallas Austin is a legendary producer with legacy songs,” stated Austin’s catalogue manager Liz Garner of Garner Group Music. “I knew if we were going to find a partner for these hit songs, it would have to be with someone we could build with in the future. Reservoir was the one.”
Reservoir EVP, A&R and Catalog Development Faith Newman added, “Dallas’ catalog is deep with great cuts, and we are so happy to bring some of his fantastic music to Reservoir. We look forward to continuing his music’s legacy.”
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. Reservoir is the first U.S.-based publicly traded independent music company and the first female founded and led publicly traded music company in the U.S. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, Reservoir has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 36,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900 and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Reservoir also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records, Tommy Boy Records, and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended, including statements with respect to the financial condition, results of operations, earnings outlook and prospects of Reservoir. Forward-looking statements are based on the current expectations and beliefs of the management of Reservoir and are inherently subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions and their potential effects. There can be no assurance that future developments will be those that have been anticipated. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other assumptions that may cause actual financial condition, results of operations, earnings and/or prospects to be materially different from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. Any statements that refer to projections, forecasts or other characterizations of future events or circumstances, including any underlying assumptions, are forward-looking statements. In addition, forward-looking statements are typically identified by words such as “plan,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “outlook,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “project,” “continue,” “could,” “may,” “might,” “possible,” “potential,” “predict,” “should,” “would” and other similar words and expressions, but the absence of these words does not mean that a statement is not forward-looking. The risks, uncertainties and/or assumptions include, among others, those discussed and identified in public filings made with the Securities and Exchange Commission by Reservoir and the following:
- expectations regarding Reservoir’s strategies and future financial performance, including its future business plans or objectives, prospective performance and opportunities and competitors, revenues, products, pricing, operating expenses, market trends, liquidity, cash flows and uses of cash, capital expenditures;
- Reservoir’s ability to invest in growth initiatives and pursue acquisition opportunities;
- the ability to achieve the anticipated benefits of the business combination, which may be affected by, among other things, competition and the ability of Reservoir to grow and manage growth profitably and retain its key employees;
- the inability to maintain the listing of Reservoir’s common stock on the Nasdaq Stock Market LLC and limited liquidity and trading of Reservoir’s securities;
- geopolitical risk and changes in applicable laws or regulations;
- the possibility that Reservoir may be adversely affected by other economic, business and/or competitive factors;
- risks related to the organic and inorganic growth of Reservoir’s business and the timing of expected business milestones;
- risk that the COVID-19 pandemic, and local, state and federal responses to addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, may have an adverse effect on Reservoir’s business operations, as well as its financial condition and results of operations; and
- litigation and regulatory enforcement risks, including the diversion of management time and attention and the additional costs and demands on Reservoir’s resources.
Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize or should any of the assumptions made by the management of Reservoir prove incorrect, actual results may vary in material respects from those projected in these forward-looking statements.
Except to the extent required by applicable law or regulation, Reservoir undertakes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this press release or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Media Contact Reservoir Media, Inc. Suzy Arrabito Vice President, Marketing & Communications email@example.com www.reservoir-media.com Investor Contact Alpha IR Group Jackie Marcus or Mike Dwyer RSVR@alpha-ir.com Source: Reservoir Media, Inc.